Harris Corporation (Formerly ITT Exelis), Clifton, NJ
- Harris Corporation's Integrated Electronic Warfare Systems (IEWS) is a Defense/Aerospace Division that produces advanced equipment for the US Armed Forces. NyTech Inc provided Software Architecture and Implementation of a custom Supply Chain Management System to this division of Exelis, which manufactures multi-spectral suite solutions.
- NyTech Inc worked closely with the Procurement Department at Harris on a two-pronged approach to improving the reliability of materials delivery to the factory floor:
- A Buyer Portal Website, which provides Metrics and Reports to individual Buyers about each Supplier they deal with, the due-dates of materials that they have ordered, the performance of individual suppliers as far as historic delivery performance (early/on-time/late delivery). The Buyer Portal website provides upper management an invaluable insight into supplier spend, the materials base, on-time delivery, and the performances of the Harris Buyers, and well as the thousands of Suppliers and complex materials that they have to manage.
- An Intranet Website that has automated the work of multiple people in the Cost Estimating Department, including:
- Managing detailed Cost Estimates, for each contract, based on where the Material currently is in the Pipeline.
- Viewing and analyzing the BOM (Bill Of Materials) in an expandable Tree (Parent-Child) format
- Tracking Procured Materials for any given Contract
- Running a Variance Analysis Report (VAR) for any Contract. The VAR Report shows the Materials Managers the Variance in quantity and dollars for each Item in the BOM in comparison with the Cost Estimate
Accenture Software, Murray Hill, NJ
- NyTech Inc lead an effort to create an SDK (Standard Development Kit) for users of Accenture Software's Architecture Component. The Architecture Component encapsulates Microsoft Enterprise Library, and incorporates modules for Logging, Exception Handling, Data Access, and IOC (Inversion of Control) using the UNITY IOC Container.
- Designed and Implemented a Purge Module for Accenture Software's clients, that Purges old data from their Database. The Purge Module uses an XML Setup file to define the Tree of Table Relationships and Foreign Keys in the Database for Tables which need to be purged, and uses recursion to delete data from the lowest level of the Tree.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts, DBAs, Development Teams, as well as Testing Teams in Accenture's Overseas Offices to ensure that the product delivered to the client exceeds expectations.
- Played an important role in the Architecture-Level Software Integration with Duck Creek Technologies (DCT), which Accenture Software acquired in 2011 - Attended "Daily Sprint" Meetings as part of an AGILE SCRUM Team, which achieved near-seamless integration with DCT's Software, using a Service Oriented approach, in just 28 Days.
Educational Testing Service (ETS), Princeton, NJ
- NyTech Inc was responsible for Architecture of the Image-Management System (IMS) of the Standardized Test-Processing System (for tests such as GRE, PRAXIS, AP, PSAT, etc.) for ETS. Architecture is Web-Services based (SOA). Images of scanned documents (tests) are captured from high-speed scanners and stored in a document repository. Spoken replies, multiple-choice answers and images from Internet-based tests are also stored long-term in the repository using Web Services I helped design. These images are retrieved using Web Service calls by the scoring systems. Also design and implement Web Service Client Applications to retrieve data from other Systems within ETS. Use Web Services Enhanced (WSE 2.0) Library, for implementing WS-Security for Web Service Client Applications.
- Designed and helped implement a Web-Based Error Resolution System for Scanned Documents from Testing Programs. Document images are captured by high-speed scanners, and OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) is performed on Multiple-Choice Answers. QC (Quality Check) is performed on the scanned Documents by comparing captured OMR Data with Image of Scanned Document. Documents that have errors (based on configurable Edit Rules) go through the Visual Error Resolution System before being passed to Scoring Systems. Error Resolution System is based on Microsoft .NET 4 Framework, with Oracle 10g Database, and Atalasoft 7.0 Imaging Software.
- Responsible for Enhancements to existing Web Applications and Web Services. Given the serial nature of Automated Test-Processing, am heavily involved in interactions with "Upstream" and "Downstream" Departments for Requirements gathering, and Integration Testing of enhancements.
- Created a Powerful Internal User-Configurable Reporting System, configurable using XML, for various departments within ETS to be able to check the status of the Tests Processed On-Line. Used ASP.NET, C#, XML, and Oracle Stored Procedures.
BMW of North America, Woodcliff Lake, NJ
- NyTech Inc designed and built an Intranet sub-site for the BMW Warranty Department. Created the Warranty Balanced Scorecard Web Application, which ranks the performance of BMW, MINI and Motorcycle dealers across the country, based on a set of expectations that are set by the BMW Warranty Department.
- Designed and Developed an OnLine Ordering System for BMW Dealers. Requirements gathering, Architecture, Rapid Prototyping and Development. Helped create Interface Contract Documents, which translated U.S. business requirements into Technical specifications for IT Teams working overseas.The system is highly successful, heavily used, and praised as a unique ordering system by BusinessWeek magazine.
- Developed an America-wide Intranet Portal Site for BMW Dealers, called INFONET. Helped BMW develop strategies to dispense critical information to non-technical managers of BMW dealerships across the Intranet via the Portal. The site has quadrupled in size since, due to stability and ease of maintenance. The portal includes the following features:
- Database-based Website Navigation and a tool to maintain the Navigation database.
- Multi-dimensional OLAP (On Line Analytical Processing) Cubes built using the COGNOS OLAP tool. Cubes contain information about Vehicles, Dealers, Models, Sales Statistics, and Time-related data. The cubes can be viewed in report format, and drilled through over the Intranet.
- Single-signon security solution to tie several Intranet and Extranet sites together, using Tivoli's Policy Director LDAP tool.
Merrill Lynch (now Bank of America), Lawrenceville, NJ
- NyTech Inc developed a Unique Website Analysis Tool to Analyze Merrill Lynch's huge Websites. The Websites included both the Merrill Lynch On Line (MLOL) Public and Private sites, as well as their USA-Wide Extranet, Trusted Global Advisor (TGA). The Website Analysis Tool provided the crucial feedback loop to both the Website Developers as well as to Merrill Lynch management. Patented by Merrill Lynch in 2004 with NyTech CTO Vinith Nayak as the Inventor - Patent Number 6789115.
- Trusted Global Advisor (TGA) project, a large Web development effort to help manage Merrill Lynch's $600+ Billion in Assets, and to give their Financial Consultants (Brokers), Office Managers and Compliance Managers instant access to large amounts of data, neatly sliced and diced to their requirements.
AIG, Livingston, NJ
- NyTech Inc Designed and prototyped a large system for Reinsurance Risk Management; A highly versatile graphical tool for distributing and tracking coverage risk among different reinsurers. Used Visual Basic, Windows API, Microsoft SQL Server. Used sophisticated graphical algorithms for drawing the actual Risk Distributions, allowing user to change existing distributions and create new Risk Distributions.
- Designed and built two reporting subsystems (Inward Treaty & Unallocated Treaty) for Reinsurance in Visual Basic, Access and SQL Server.